APP 311L: SEL-311L Line Current Differential Relay
*Course Base Fees:
*Plus applicable sales tax.
This course provides comprehensive application training for the SEL-311L Line Current Differential Relay, which offers complete line current differential protection with full scheme distance backup.
- Applying Line Current Differential Protection With the SEL-311L
- SEL-311L Line Current Differential Settings
- SEL-311L Current Differential Channel Monitoring and Settings
- Protection Relay Word Elements
- SELogic® Control Equations
- SEL-311L Relay Communications
- Using acSELerator QuickSet® SEL-5030 Software With the SEL-311L
- SEL-311L Relay Setting Example: APP = 87L Two-Terminal Line
- SEL-311L Trip Logic and Communications-Assisted Tripping Schemes
- SEL-311L Relay Setting Example: Two-Terminal Line With Tap
- Metering and Monitoring Functions
- SEL-311L Line Current Differential Relay Simplifies Commissioning Tests
- Event Reporting
- Relay Setting Example: Three-Terminal Line
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SEL-311L Hands-On Training
- SEL-311L Relay Backup Protection
- Programmable Reclosing
- Synchronism Check
- SEL Mirrored Bits® Communications
Students should have completed CBT 101: Introduction to SEL Relays, or have:
- Basic familiarity with protective relaying, SELogic control equations, acSELerator® Software, front-panel controls, and the SEL-4000 Relay Test System
- Ability to operate a personal computer and set up a communications session using HyperTerminal®
Utility and industrial protection engineers and power system consultants
Students should bring:
- A laptop computer with a CD-ROM drive and a working USB or serial port (Software installation will be completed during the course; please ensure your computer has no installation blocks enabled.)
- A scientific calculator capable of performing computations involving rectangular and polar coordinates
Students (in groups of two) will gain hands-on experience in communicating, metering, monitoring, commissioning, analyzing event reports, and performing control functions by working directly with the SEL-311L Relay.
At the conclusion of this course, students can:
- Calculate and apply settings for line current differential protection
- Set the SEL-311L Relay using HyperTerminal® and acSELerator® QuickSet
- Use SELogic® control equations to customize the relay logic
- Apply backup protection, reclosing, and synchronism-check features of the SEL-311L Relay
- Analyze Sequential Events Recorder (SER) reports
- Implement relay-to-relay logic communications via the Mirrored Bits® communications protocol
Classes are conducted from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Complimentary lunch and breaks are provided. This two-day course includes the CBT 101 precourse training download, a course notebook, and a certificate of completion.
For international course locations and fees, contact the local office.